Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Air I Breathe

The Purcells are in great need of their prayer warriors again! Megan was finally able to go home for a little while on Sunday, but it was short lived and had to quickly return to the hospital where she was diagnosed with pneumonia. Pray that the cause of the pneumonia is treatable and that the graft vs. host disease has not moved into her lungs. There are so many things that come to mind when I think about their needs, but I really feel that the Lord put a song on my heart as a prayer for this family:

This is the air I breathe, this is the air I breathe
Your Holy Presence living in me
This is my Daily Bread, this is my Daily Bread
Your very Word spoken to me

And I am desparate for You
And I am lost without You

Lord, give Megan the air to breathe and relieve the pain from the pneumonia. Let your presence fill her room, her mind, her body and let her feel that it is You so that she is comforted. Give this family the daily bread of strength, peace and sanity to make it through just one day at a time. Give Megan the renewal of spirit to continue fighting with all of her might, knowing that God has created her for a purpose and wants to accomplish great things in her life! Speak Words of peace quietly to their hearts and use others to speak words of hope into their lives. In their desparation for something solid to grab onto, let them reach out and find you. Lord, be the hope that this family is so desparate for...they need the comfort of you near to them!

Remember that although Megan is fighting the hardest, Dave, Margaret, Lauren and Courtney are daily battling too! Bring peace to Margaret, especially, her mother's heart is breaking...she needs to be reminded that God the Father is so well acquainted with watching His child suffer and wants to offer her the comfort of knowing what she is going through.

Numbers 6:24-26
"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment